Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a wonderful sweet/savoury pudding to be enjoyed with all sorts of roasts, especially poultry and pork.
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- Butter a 1 1/2 quart souffle dish or pan.
- Puree carrots, eggs, sugar, flour, vanilla, butter and nutmeg in blender until smooth.
- Pour into prepared souffle dish or pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Mix cornflakes, nuts, brown sugar and soft butter; sprinkle on top of souffle.
- Bake 10 minutes longer to caramelize slightly.
Ended up skipping the cornflakes because we didn't have any in the house and it was too late to buy any. I had to make 1/4 of the recipe because my parents buy my younger siblings baby carrots that come in single serving bags. 20 bags is 1 lb and I didn't want to use them all because they take that to the park as snacks... so I took 6 bags ;-) (1 bag for good measure) Even though I made only 1/4 the recipe, it was enough for 3 of us. My 1 year old sister gobbled up most of it though. This reminded me of sweet potatoes and I served it with fried chicken, german potato salad, jalapeno cheddar corn bread and... what ever fresh veggies we had to snack on. Thanks!