Recipe by SJG3483
My mother used to make a version of this versatile recipe all the time. If you bake it less, it is pudding. If you bake it more, it can be served as bread or a side dish. It is sweet enough that you could almost call it dessert.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 cup applesauce
- 4 eggs
- 3 jars junior baby carrots
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Make a well in the middle, and add all other ingredients.
- Pour into a well-greased 3-quart mold and bake at 350 for 75 minutes or until done (a bundt pan makes for an elegant presentation) The recipe that I used in creating this one called for junior carrots.
- I don't know what that means exactly, but I used 3 of the larger jars of baby carrots (Gerber stage 3).