- 8 eggs, separated
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated raw carrots
- 2 tablespoons matzo meal
- 1⁄4 cup potato flour (optional)
- 1 cup grated almonds
- 1⁄2 lemon, rind of, grated
- 1 tablespoon wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat yolks.
- Add sugar and beat until frothy and light.
- Mix together grated carrot, matzo meal and potato flour.
- Stir into egg mixture.
- Add almonds, lemon rind, wine and finally the stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Bake in a well buttered, floured and sugared pan, for 1 1/2 hours in a.
- 300 degree oven.