Recipe by sharda
This is a healthy recipe for children as well as grown-ups.easy to make and very popular dessert in all over India.
- 2 lbs carrots
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup condensed milk
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 5 -6 cashew nuts
- 10 raisins
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
Directions See How It's Made
- wash the carrots very nicely, wipe the water off and grate them in a medium sized grater.
- take a wok or pan, put in the butter and melt it.
- as the butter melts, put in the grated carrot.
- Just fry it for 5 minutes.
- Pour all the milk into the pan.
- let it cook over medium heat.
- keep stirring it frequently.
- after about 45 minutes it will get thickened into thick consistency, like a paste.
- You can keep the measure of consistency according to your like.
- If you make it more thick cook for some more time.
- After thickened to desired consistency, mix in the condensed milk and cook for 5 minutes.
- Switch off the gas.
- In another pan roast the raisins and cashew in a little butter.
- mix the raisins and cashews into the pudding.
- Allow it to cool.
- when it comes to the room temperature mix in the cardamum powder.
- serve cool.