Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Here's my recipe for a very high protein, delicious snack that I like to whip together before I exercise - it's a dense, not overly sweet treat that is great for post workout, or any time you're craving carrot cake without all the fat and calories. It has 11g Protein per slice and 6g net Carbs.
- 2⁄3 cup oat flour (55g)
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour (22g)
- 75 g vanilla protein powder (about 2 scoops, I used OL Vanilla Pea Protein, it also would probably work with Casein powder)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- stevia, to taste (I used 12 packets Truvia which would be about 1/2 tsp extract)
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt, 2% plain (4 oz)
- 1 cup carrot (6 oz cooked, about 4 carrots)
- 1⁄2 cup water (from carrot cooking liquid)
- 8 tablespoons pasteurized liquid egg-whites (160g)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Chop the carrots into 1" discs, then cook them however you like, I steamed them but you can also boil them.
- While the carrots are cooking, mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- The carrots are done when a fork inserted in one of them comes out easily, about 12 minutes.
- Put the carrots and 1/2 Cup of the cooking or steaming liquid into a blender with the Greek yogurt. Puree for about 30 seconds.
- Transfer the carrot mixture into the large bowl of dry ingredients.
- Add the vanilla and liquid egg whites last, stir together until everything is mixed inches.
- Pour the batter into an 8x8 pan sprayed with cooking oil.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Here are the nutrition facts for one slice: 92 Calories, 1g Fat, 9g Carbs, 3g Fiber, 2g Sugar, 11g Protein.