Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Originally from a May 1987 issue of Bon Appetit, this recipe was in the "Cooking for Friends" section. Serve these crisp and golden pancakes as a side with any meat or even on their own- they're yummy!
- 2 eggs, beaten to blend
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 lbs baking potatoes, peeled and finely shredded
- 2 large carrots, peeled and finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions (white and light green parts)
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- vegetable oil
- melted butter
- Combine eggs,flour and milk in large bowl.
- Add potatoes,carrots,green onions and parsley, season with salt and pepper to taste and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add enough oil to heavy large skillet to coat thinly; heat over medium-high heat.
- Using 1/3 cup batter for each pancake, drop into skillet in batches and flatten slightly.
- Cook until browned, about 12 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately with melted butter.