1 hr 4 mins
Leslie in Texas's Note:
Originally from a May 1987 issue of Bon Appetit, this recipe was in the "Cooking for Friends" section. Serve these crisp and golden pancakes as a side with any meat or even on their own- they're yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs, beaten to blend
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 lbs baking potatoes, peeled and finely shredded
- 2 large carrots, peeled and finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions (white and light green parts)
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- vegetable oil
- melted butter
- 1Combine eggs,flour and milk in large bowl.
- 2Add potatoes,carrots,green onions and parsley, season with salt and pepper to taste and mix until thoroughly combined.
- 3Add enough oil to heavy large skillet to coat thinly; heat over medium-high heat.
- 4Using 1/3 cup batter for each pancake, drop into skillet in batches and flatten slightly.
- 5Cook until browned, about 12 minutes per side.
- 6Serve immediately with melted butter.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Potato Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.3
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 71.2 mg
- Sodium 48.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 5.0 g