Recipe by A.J. Pejack
This recipe resembles traditional hashbrowns, but the carrot serves nicely with dinner rather than breakfast. The flavors and textures of the two vegetables compliment eachother. It goes wonderfully as a side to meats.
Top Review by PCVAlyssa
This was okay; a bit bland. I think it makes a nice base recipe, and you can add spices/other ingredients (chili powder, red pepper flakes, onion, dill, whatever) to your taste. I used a nonstick pan and just added 1/6 c of oil to the mixture to ensure it wouldn't stick to the pan; it cooked well.
- 3 large white potatoes, peeled
- 4 large carrots, peeled
- 1 extra large egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (preferrably fresh cracked)
Directions See How It's Made
- Shred potatoes and carrots into a large bowl.
- Beat egg.
- Then add remaining ingredients.
- Beat mixture to combine.
- Add to potatoes and carrots, and mix with large spoon until blended.
- In a large fry pan, fill to a 1/4 inch from the bottom with vegetable oil and heat through on medium heat.
- Use a 1/2 cup measuring cup to spoon out the mixture into the hot oil.
- Then press with a spatula to form into"pancakes".
- Turn when edges begin to brown and cook through, about another two minutes.
- Rest on papertowels and serve.