Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
While I was going thru some of my recipes I made while dieting, I came across this one. It's one of my favorites.
- 4 small baking potatoes
- 4 ounces packagesneufchafel cheese, cut into chunks and softened
- 3 -4 tablespoons skim milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cooked chopped carrot, pureed
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Bake potatoes in a 375 oven for 45 minutes or until done; cool slightly.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; scoop out potatoes into small mixer bowl; reserving shells.
- Add cheese, milk, salt and pepper; beat till fluffy; add more milk if necessary.
- Folk in carrot and green onion.
- Spoon potato mixture into potato shells Bake on a baking sheet at 375 for 15 minutes.
This is a great idea for serving carrots & potatoes & we very much enjoyed these boats! Used somewhat small baking potatoes this time, & now am thinking that they would make great finger food as soon as I can find some even smaller bakers! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Bargain Basement tag game]