Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from Kraft foods. But made a few changes to it to make it more diet friendly. Note: you may use any lemon lime flavored beverage. Cook time does not include 3 hour chill time.
- 1 (18 ounce) package spice cake mix, 2 layer size
- 10 ounces diet ginger ale
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 ounces orange gelatin (4-serving size)
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix cake mix, ginger ale and egg substitute. Stir in carrots and raisins.
- Pour into a 13 x 9 in pon that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 35 to 40 minute or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven.
- Pierce cake with large fork or skewer at 1/2-inch intervals. Meanwhile, stir boiling water into dry gelatin mix 2 minute until completely dissolved. Pour evenly over cake. Refrigerate 3 hours.
- Beat cream cheese, butter and spice in large bowl with electric mixer until well blended. Gradually add sugar, beating until well blended after each addition. Spread onto cake. Store leftovers in refrigerator.