Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This interesting biscotti recipe comes intact The Simple Healthy Lowfat Cookbook, 1995.
Make and share this Carrot Pistachio Biscotti recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large carrots, finely shredded
- 1 cup pistachio nut, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, finely chopped
- 1 cup carrot juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F & coat top of large cookie sheet (with low sides) with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cornmeal, lemon zest, cinnamon baking powder & salt.
- Stir in shredded carrot, pistachios & apricots.
- Add carrot juice & stir until a firm dough forms.
- Divide dough in half & shape each half into two 15"x3"x1/2" logs.
- Place logs on prepared cookie sheet & bake 30 minutes, or until firmly set & golden brown.
- Remove from oven & cool slightly, then slice on diagonal into 1/2-inch thick cookies.
- Stand each cookie on edge about finger-width apart on cookie sheet & return to oven to bake another 15-20 minutes or until set, lightly colored & dry.