Sydney Mike's Note:
This interesting biscotti recipe comes intact The Simple Healthy Lowfat Cookbook, 1995.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large carrots, finely shredded
- 1 cup pistachio nut, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried apricot, finely chopped
- 1 cup carrot juice
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F & coat top of large cookie sheet (with low sides) with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2In large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cornmeal, lemon zest, cinnamon baking powder & salt.
- 3Stir in shredded carrot, pistachios & apricots.
- 4Add carrot juice & stir until a firm dough forms.
- 5Divide dough in half & shape each half into two 15"x3"x1/2" logs.
- 6Place logs on prepared cookie sheet & bake 30 minutes, or until firmly set & golden brown.
- 7Remove from oven & cool slightly, then slice on diagonal into 1/2-inch thick cookies.
- 8Stand each cookie on edge about finger-width apart on cookie sheet & return to oven to bake another 15-20 minutes or until set, lightly colored & dry.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Pistachio Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.2
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 71.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 2.7 g