Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This interesting biscotti recipe comes intact The Simple Healthy Lowfat Cookbook, 1995.
Make and share this Carrot Pistachio Biscotti recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large carrots, finely shredded
- 1 cup pistachio nut, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, finely chopped
- 1 cup carrot juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F & coat top of large cookie sheet (with low sides) with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cornmeal, lemon zest, cinnamon baking powder & salt.
- Stir in shredded carrot, pistachios & apricots.
- Add carrot juice & stir until a firm dough forms.
- Divide dough in half & shape each half into two 15"x3"x1/2" logs.
- Place logs on prepared cookie sheet & bake 30 minutes, or until firmly set & golden brown.
- Remove from oven & cool slightly, then slice on diagonal into 1/2-inch thick cookies.
- Stand each cookie on edge about finger-width apart on cookie sheet & return to oven to bake another 15-20 minutes or until set, lightly colored & dry.