Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A moist sweet yeast bread for breakfast, made in ABM. Cook time depends on machine.
- 3⁄4 cup canned crushed pineapple, drained (reserve juice)
- 1⁄3 cup pineapple juice, reserved from drained pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup raw carrot, grated
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Put ingredients in breadmaker in order recommended by manufacturer.
- Set on medium crust setting, or white bread setting.
- When done, remove from pan and cool on wire rack 30 minutes.
- Slice and serve with butter and jam.
It was delicious grilled with butter. I used bread flour instead of wheat flour. Next time, I'll try to cook it in the oven, it's going to be better I'm sure. Thanks Mikekey :)
An interesting variation for your morning loaf. This bread is not overly sweet, and has an interesting texture. Make sure your carrots are well grated (I had a few big pieces and some of them were a bit crunchy even after baking). The bread was better after sitting for a day when the flavors had a chance to blend. Very good with cream cheese and jam. Thanks for posting!