Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
A little different from others I've seen here as there's no added sugar. I found this in "The Back of the Box Gourmet", by Michael McLaughlin. It's easy to throw together; easier if you use a food processor. I love the sweet flavor and the crunch. Try it with home-made mayonnaise and/or golden raisins.
- 118.29 ml seedless raisin
- 236.59 ml boiling water
- 233.88 g can pineapple slices
- 473.18 ml carrots, shredded
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise (or salad dressing)
- 4.92 ml lemon juice (optional)
- Place raisins in bowl and cover with boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes before draining well.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice for another use, and cut into small pieces.
- Mix pineapple with raisins and shredded carrot. Cover and chill.
- Just before serving, stir in mayonnaise. Sprinkle with lemon juice, if desired.
I followed the recipe and it's too much mayonnaise. I'll have to add more shredded carrots. But the taste is good. I should have tried with 1/4 cup mayonnaise and then taste it. Thanks Laura :) Made for PAC Spring 2013