1/1 Photo of Carrot-Pineapple Toss
A little different from others I've seen here as there's no added sugar. I found this in "The Back of the Box Gourmet", by Michael McLaughlin. It's easy to throw together; easier if you use a food processor. I love the sweet flavor and the crunch. Try it with home-made mayonnaise and/or golden raisins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place raisins in bowl and cover with boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes before draining well.
- 2Drain pineapple, reserving juice for another use, and cut into small pieces.
- 3Mix pineapple with raisins and shredded carrot. Cover and chill.
- 4Just before serving, stir in mayonnaise. Sprinkle with lemon juice, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot-Pineapple Toss
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.2
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 257.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 21.4 g
- Protein 1.7 g