Recipe by cuisinebymae
Moist and light. These are the only way my toddlers will eat carrots.
Top Review by CulinaryExplorer
These were very good. I did take a few liberties based on what I read in reviews and just on our personal tastes. I used 1/2 cup sugar and about another 1/4 cup brown sugar. I subbed half the oil for applesauce, and I used half wheat flour in place of the all purpose flour. They looked and tasted great, and the cook time and temp were spot on. I appreciate that these are a fairly healthy snack and one that even my picky son enjoyed.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil or 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup drained crushed pineapple
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together sugar and oil.
- Stir in the eggs until well combined.
- Stir in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir into sugar mixture just until combined.
- Stir in carrots and pineapple just until combined.
- Spoon into greased muffin tin, filling to top.
- Bake in a preheated 375F oven for 20 minutes or until done.
- Cool in pan for 5-10 minutes, then remove to a rack to finish cooling.