1/3 Photos of Carrot-Pineapple Cake With Buttermilk Glaze
If desired you may omit the buttermilk glaze and frost with your favorite cream cheese frosting, see my Kittencal's Best Cream Cheese Frosting (Extra Creamy Option) ---- prep time includes making the buttermilk glaze.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons maple extract (or use 1 tablespoon vanilla extract)
- 3 large carrots, peeled and grated (2 cups, does not have to be exactly 2 cups!)
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup cups raisins (optional)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 3In a bowl beat eggs with sugar, oil, buttermilk and vanilla for about 5 minutes (beat for 5 minutes, no less!).
- 4In another bowl mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; add to the egg mixture beating at low speed until blended.
- 5Fold in carrots, drained pineapple, raisins (if using) and walnuts; mix with wooden spoon until combined.
- 6Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- 7Bake for about 30 minutes.
- 8Remove from oven and cover the pan loosley with foil to prevent excess browning.
- 9Return to oven and bake for another 12-13 minutes more, or until the cake tests done.
- 10To make the buttermilk glaze; in a heavy saucepan bring the sugar, baking soda, butter, buttermilk and corn syrup to a boil over medium-high heat.
- 11Cook for about 4 minutes or until the mixture is golden brown.
- 12Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- 13Drizzle the buttermilk mixture glaze over the cake.
- 14Cool completely in the pan then frost with cream cheese icing.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot-Pineapple Cake With Buttermilk Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 737.6
- Calories from Fat 351
- Total Fat 39.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 89.0 mg
- Sodium 732.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 68.6 g
- Protein 8.5 g