1 hr 10 mins
This came from American Profile - and sounds devine. It calls for a pretty large cake pan - I plan on making several individual cakes and using a standard cake pan
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup raisins
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce or 1/2 cup one 4-ounce jar applesauce baby food
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon stevia
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 3 1/4 cups grated carrots (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 15 ounces can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 15 x 10 inch cake pan.
- 2Combine the raisins and apple juice in a microwave-safe bowl and cover with wax paper. Cook on High for 30 to 40 seconds, until the raisins are plump and soft; set aside.
- 3Combine the eggs, oil, yogurt, applesauce, brown sugar, Stevia, and vanilla in a large bowl. Using a mixer at medium speed, beat until well blended.
- 4In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Stir in the coconut. Gradually add the coconut mixture to the egg mixture. Stir in the carrots, honey, raisins and juices, and the pineapple. Fold in the walnuts.
- 5Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing to make the top level. Bake 40 to 50 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- 6Serve plain or with a topping of whipped cream and vanilla sweetened to taste with Stevia, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Pineapple Cake
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.0
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 54.3 mg
- Sodium 286.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 27.5 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: