Recipe by Aussie-In-California
My SIL wanted a carrot cake for her birthday. I am not keen on layered cakes. They are too much of a pain to make. Bundt cakes have the less hassle and pretty presentation factor. My first attempt was in a more complex designed bundt pan and it was a flop! Use a simple design bundt pan, make sure to grease it up really well, and flour it.
- 709.77 ml flour
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 7.39 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 7.39 ml cinnamon
- 226.79 g can crushed pineapple in juice
- 473.18 ml carrots, grated
- 3 eggs, room temperature beaten
- 354.88 ml vegetable oil
- 9.85 ml pure vanilla extract
- 354.88 ml pecans, chopped
FROSTING or ICING
- 1064.65 ml confectioners' sugar
- 226.79 g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 59.14 ml butter
- 9.85 ml milk
- 29.58 ml pure vanilla extract
- 59.14 ml pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- CAKE: Grease and lightly flour bundt pan.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, sugars, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Drain crushed pineapple reserve the drained juice.
- In medium sized bowl separate bowl mix the pineapple juice, eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla and mix well.
- Add wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix for 3 minutes or until well incorporated.
- Stir in carrots, crushed pineapple and chopped pecans.
- Pour into pan and Bake at 325°F for 1 1/4 hours (check after one hour with a toothpick and remove cake when the pick comes out dry).
- Let the cake cool for 20 mins in the pan and then turn out onto cooling rack. Do not frost till completely cool.
- ICING/FROSTING: Mix sugar, cream cheese, butter, milk and vanilla. Fold in chopped pecans and spread onto cool cake.