Recipe by Aussie-In-California
My SIL wanted a carrot cake for her birthday. I am not keen on layered cakes. They are too much of a pain to make. Bundt cakes have the less hassle and pretty presentation factor. My first attempt was in a more complex designed bundt pan and it was a flop! Use a simple design bundt pan, make sure to grease it up really well, and flour it.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 3 eggs, room temperature beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, chopped
FROSTING or ICING
- 4 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- CAKE: Grease and lightly flour bundt pan.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, sugars, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Drain crushed pineapple reserve the drained juice.
- In medium sized bowl separate bowl mix the pineapple juice, eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla and mix well.
- Add wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix for 3 minutes or until well incorporated.
- Stir in carrots, crushed pineapple and chopped pecans.
- Pour into pan and Bake at 325°F for 1 1/4 hours (check after one hour with a toothpick and remove cake when the pick comes out dry).
- Let the cake cool for 20 mins in the pan and then turn out onto cooling rack. Do not frost till completely cool.
- ICING/FROSTING: Mix sugar, cream cheese, butter, milk and vanilla. Fold in chopped pecans and spread onto cool cake.