1/3 Photos of Carrot & Pineapple Bundt Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 15 mins
My SIL wanted a carrot cake for her birthday. I am not keen on layered cakes. They are too much of a pain to make. Bundt cakes have the less hassle and pretty presentation factor. My first attempt was in a more complex designed bundt pan and it was a flop! Use a simple design bundt pan, make sure to grease it up really well, and flour it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 3 eggs, room temperature beaten
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, chopped
FROSTING or ICING
- 1CAKE: Grease and lightly flour bundt pan.
- 2In a large bowl mix together flour, sugars, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 3Drain crushed pineapple reserve the drained juice.
- 4In medium sized bowl separate bowl mix the pineapple juice, eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla and mix well.
- 5Add wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix for 3 minutes or until well incorporated.
- 6Stir in carrots, crushed pineapple and chopped pecans.
- 7Pour into pan and Bake at 325°F for 1 1/4 hours (check after one hour with a toothpick and remove cake when the pick comes out dry).
- 8Let the cake cool for 20 mins in the pan and then turn out onto cooling rack. Do not frost till completely cool.
- 9ICING/FROSTING: Mix sugar, cream cheese, butter, milk and vanilla. Fold in chopped pecans and spread onto cool cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot & Pineapple Bundt Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 689.4
- Calories from Fat 342
- Total Fat 38.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 62.9 mg
- Sodium 450.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 62.3 g
- Protein 6.0 g