From Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook
Make and share this Carrot Pineapple Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained, reserve juice
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice (drained from the can)
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and nutmeg.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine sugar, oil, egg, and lemon peel.
- Stir drained pineapple, pineapple juice, and carrots into sugar mixture. Mix well.
- Add flour mixture; stir just till combined.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 55 to 60 minute.
- Cool 10 minute on wire rack.
- Remove bread from pan; cool throughly on wire rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.