1/1 Photo of Carrot Pie (Diabetic)
1 hr 25 mins
A sweet pie, but could be used as a side dish to turkey or chicken. If not worried about sugar intake, sub equal amount of granulated sugar for Splenda.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Press the pie crust into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes; remove from the oven and set aside.
- 3Place carrots in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and puree carrots in a food processor.
- 4In a medium bowl, mix together the carrot puree, sugar and eggs. Mix in the cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Gradually stir in the milk.
- 5Pour the mixture into the partially baked pie shell. Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven and then reduce heat to 350 degrees F. Bake for an additional 40 to 45 minutes at the lower temperature, or until firm.
- 6Cool slightly on wire rack before cutting.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Pie (Diabetic)
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.6
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 74.7 mg
- Sodium 219.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: