Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This tastes almost similar to a pumpkin pie!
- 1 unbaked prepared pie pastry (to fit a 9-inch pie plate)
- 6 medium carrots, cooked and pureed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Set oven to 400 degrees F.
- Fit pie crust into the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients (except the pie shell); beat with a wooden spoon for 2 minutes, or until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour into the prepared pie shell.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes; reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 45 minutes.