Prep 50 mins
Cook 50 mins
A little lighter than sweet potato pie. From BHG magazine.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots, cut up or 2 (16 ounce) cansdiced carrots, drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 dash salt
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pie shell
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- If using fresh carrots, cook carrots in about 1 cup water for 30 to 40 minutes until very tender.
- Puree cooked or canned carrots in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- You should have about 2 cups of puree.
- Combine eggs, sweetened condensed milk, spice and salt.
- Mix in carrots.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Combine brown sugar and butter throughly then stir in pecans.
- Sprinkle over pie.
- Cover edge of pie with foil.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until knife in center comes out clean.
- On a wire rack, cool completely.