Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A cookie reminiscent of carrot cake.
Make and share this Carrot Pecan Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 325 degrees; lightly grease 2 cookie sheets.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt and spices.
- Beat the butter with the sugar until fluffy- 2 to 3 minutes.
- Beat in the egg and the vanilla.
- Beat in the flour mixture.
- Stir in the carrots, nuts and raisins.
- Drop the batter by generous tablespoons onto the baking sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake until the edges are lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
LOVED these - ate 10 in one sitting - now that is gready I know, however they had carrots in so I figured they may be a little healthy ;-) They are best cool. I whipped them up using a hand mixer, never mind all this beating. I have never used this method before but they came up really fluffy and well blended. I was gonna gift some, but there's not enough left!