- 3 lbs baby carrots, sliced
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, add carrots; add water to cover; bring to a boil; cook for 25 minutes or until carrots are tender; drain and cool slightly.
- Process carrots in a food processor until smooth.
- Pour carrots into a mixing bowl; add in remaining ingredients; stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture into a greased 11x7 inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.