1 hr 20 mins
A carotty-spice cake with a nutty crunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 extra-large eggs, separated,whites at room temperature
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- 1 3/4 cups finely shredded carrots
- icing sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2Butter and flour a bundt pan.
- 3Sift 2 ¾ cup flour, baking powder and all the spices into a bowl.
- 4Combine milk and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- 5Beat butter on high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- 6Add sugar in 2 additions, beating 2 minutes between each addition.
- 7Add brown sugar; beat a further 2 minutes.
- 8Add 3 of the yolks; beat another 2 minutes.
- 9Add remaining 2 yolks and 3 of the whites; beat 4 minutes.
- 10On low speed, beat in flour mixture in 3 additions and milk mixture in 2, beginning and ending with flour.
- 11Stir in carrots and pecans.
- 12Beat remaining 2 whites until foamy, add pinch of salt; continue beating until firm, not stiff, peaks form.
- 13Fold carefully and thoroughly into cake batter.
- 14Pour into prepared pan.
- 15Bake in lower third of oven for 55 minutes to 1 hour.
- 16Just before serving, sprinkle with icing sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot-Pecan Butter Cake
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.4
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 105.2 mg
- Sodium 340.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 24.6 g
- Protein 5.8 g