Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
great with a bit of chili powder (to taste) for a bit more spice.
- 500 g carrots, peeled and thinly chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups diced onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- heat oil in a large saucepan and saute onion till soft and golden.
- add carrots and saute for 5mins. add cayenne, salt, stock, cover and cook for 20mins or until carrots are very soft.
- puree in food processor/blender and return to he pot.
- add peanut butter and whisk well.
- cook for 5mins. season to taste.