Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is a great-tasting moist quick bread for peanut butter lovers!
- 1 1⁄4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup peanut oil or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half or 1⁄2 cup milk
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan, or mini loaf pans.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, allspice and nutmeg.
- In another bowl cream together, sugar, peanut butter, oil and eggs; add carrots and vanilla.
- Alternately add flour mixture and milk to creamed mixture.
- Transfer to the baking pan.
- Bake for 65-70 mins, or until cake tests done (you might want to loosley cover the top with foil to prevent over browning).
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
This is a tasty quick bread. Used the food processor to shred the carrots and followed the recipe exactly until there was no flour amount listed. Looking at other quick bread recipes, I decided on 2 cups and that was perfect. Made four mini-loaves that I cooked for 35 minutes in the oven. Really moist and delicious!