- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 lb parsnip, peeled and sliced
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup whole-milk yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a stockpot over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook 10-12 minutes stirring occasionally. Add curry powder and cook one more minute stirring constantly.
- Add carrots parsnips and broth. Bring to a boil reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Puree in a food processor in batches until smooth. Return to pot add salt and pepper and heat thoroughly.
- Serve garnished with yogurt and parsley.