Recipe by Happy Harry #2
This is a dish I first tasted at a buffet party. Bothered my friend until she came clean with the recipe. My thanks to Eileen. Cooking time does not include prep of carrots.
- 2 1⁄2 cups mashed cooked carrots
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (may use margarine)
- 2 eggs, beaten well (may use egg subsitute)
- 1 cup whole milk (don't use skim milk) or 1 cup cream (don't use skim milk)
- 3⁄4-1 cup grated parmesan cheese (fresh is best)
- 2 teaspoons sugar or 2 teaspoons sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons minced onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients until well blended.
- Pour into buttered 1-qt. ring mold.
- Place large roasting pan in oven.
- Place filled ring inside of pan and fill pan with water up to middle of ring mold.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes. Test by pushing down on carrot ring. Should feel firm with a little give.
- Cool ten to fifteen minutes. Loosen around ring with butter knife.
- Invert onto plate and then again to upright position.
- Second plate may be lined with lettuce.
- SERVING IDEAS:.
- Center can be filled with other vegetables or grains such as couscous or buckwheat groats.
- Can also be served with hot chicken salad.
- Share what ideas you decide to use.