Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you are looking for something a bit different for breakfast, try these pancakes! With the cream cheese spread, the flavor is similar to carrot cake. Delicious!
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar or 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Spread
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients.
- Combine egg, brown sugar, milk, carrots and vanilla in another bowl; mix well.
- Stir carrot mixture into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4th cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle.
- Turn when bubbles form on top of pancake; flip and cook until golden brown.
- For topping, place cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk and vanilla.
- in food processor; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl; sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Serve with pancakes.
I thought these were just OK. Not as great as I had hoped, but not terrible, either.
Carrot cake taste from the griddle! The flavor is very nice. The texture is a little off. I would lightly steam (and drain) the carrots, to make up for the fact that they would have a much longer cooking time in a baked carrot cake.
Great pancake recipe! I did alter it a bit. I used 1/4 t. nutmeg, 1/4 c. brown sugar, and added 1/4 c. raisins. Next time I'm going to lessen the amount of ginger to 1/8 t. We didn't use the spread either, just some maple syrup and powdered sugar. My kids loved it! (I got 9 pancakes from this recipe)