Recipe by Donna
I ate these growing up. I don't know if my Mom happened to be out of potatoes one day and just tried carrots or if she got them out of a book. She doesn't remember, but I seem to remember her just substituting the carrots because we were out of potatoes. They're much better when you keep the carrots and onion almost to equal amounts
Top Review by yogi
Wonderful recipe, Donna! These turned out just like potato pancakes, but with a slightly different flavor (yummy) and a nice color. So easy to make with my food processor- just dumped the carrot and onion in.
- 8 -10 raw carrots, shredded
- 1 large vidalia onion, sliced
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- salt, pepper
- garlic powder (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, and shred carrots into large bowl.
- Add 1 large thinly sliced vidalia onion.
- Add and mix in 2 large eggs, 1/4 cup flour.
- Add salt, pepper.
- Mix well.
- Drop by 2 tbls into pan with hot oil/oleo mixture, flatten to form a pancake.
- Brown on medium hit, about 5 minutes on each side.