Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I ate these growing up. I don't know if my Mom happened to be out of potatoes one day and just tried carrots or if she got them out of a book. She doesn't remember, but I seem to remember her just substituting the carrots because we were out of potatoes. They're much better when you keep the carrots and onion almost to equal amounts
- 8 -10 raw carrots, shredded
- 1 large vidalia onion, sliced
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- salt, pepper
- garlic powder (optional)
- Peel, and shred carrots into large bowl.
- Add 1 large thinly sliced vidalia onion.
- Add and mix in 2 large eggs, 1/4 cup flour.
- Add salt, pepper.
- Mix well.
- Drop by 2 tbls into pan with hot oil/oleo mixture, flatten to form a pancake.
- Brown on medium hit, about 5 minutes on each side.
Wonderful recipe, Donna! These turned out just like potato pancakes, but with a slightly different flavor (yummy) and a nice color. So easy to make with my food processor- just dumped the carrot and onion in.
My daughter loves carrots and pancakes but I never thought of mixing these two together. Thanks for a great idea.
These have a lovely flavor. I used only egg whites and only pan spray (instead of oil) to make them healthier. Great taste!