1/7 Photos of Carrot Orzo
From Bon Appetit, March 2007.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces peeled baby carrots (about 1 1/4 cups, from 16-ounce package)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup orzo pasta (rice-shaped pasta, about 8 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1Place carrots in processor.
- 2Using on/off turns, finely chop carrots. Melt butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat.
- 3Add orzo and carrots; sauté until orzo is golden, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add 1 1/2 cups water, broth, and garlic; cook uncovered over medium heat until all liquid is absorbed, stirring frequently, about 15-20 minutes.
- 5Stir in cheese, green onions, and rosemary. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Orzo
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.0
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 20.7 mg
- Sodium 207.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 9.8 g