Recipe by mommyoffour
This recipe is one of those that just belong together. The flavors of carrots and orange just meld so beautifully, and they shine in this dish. The orange juice brings out the sweetness of the carrots.
Top Review by leah.millar
This recipe pleasantly surprised me! it was flavoursome and delicious and more importantly did not require a lot of effort. I julienned the carrots instead of grating. Thanks!
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 1⁄4 cups grated carrots
- 8 ounces shredded leeks
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the sunflower oil in preheated wok.
- Add the grated carrots and leeks to the wok and cook for 2 - 3 minutes, or until the vegetables have just softened.
- Add the orange segments to the wok and heat through gently, ensuring that you do not break up the orange segments as you stir the mixture.
- Put the ketchup, brown sugar, and soy sauce in a small bowl and mix together.
- Add the tomato and sugar mixture to the wok and then cook for another 2 minutes.
- Transfer the stir-fry to warm serving bowls and scatter with the chopped peanuts.