Recipe by Mary McKeough
A delicious, incredibly easy, elegant, and very nutritious soup. Can serve hot or cold. I make it weekly. Original recipe comes from Best Slow Cooker Recipes in Canada .
- 5 cups sliced and skinned carrots
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth or 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Skin and cut into 1/4 inch rounds approximately 5 cups of carrots.
- Add to Slow Cooker.
- NOTE: a food processor can really speed the chopping in this recipe.
- Chop one onion finely and add to Cooker.
- Add broth and orange juice.
- Add optional ginger if desired- makes soup tangy.
- Heat on low for 10-11 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
- When carrots are tender, blend to a smooth consistency.
- Add whipping cream, s and stir until creamy.
- NOTE: Excellent first course or lunch with salad and roll.