From the RT Area Women's Club. Submitted by Faye Morrison
Make and share this Carrot Orange Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Blend flours, oatmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add raisins; mix so they are coated.
- Combine carrots and orange rind; add to flour mixture.
- Combine beaten eggs, oil and orange juice.
- Sir into dry ingredients until well mixed.
- Fill lined muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
They were nice, although the dough was so dry had to keep adding liquid to moisten all the flour.
These muffins have a very good taste. I used the zest of one orange. I used only all purpose flour and old-fashioned oatmeal. I reduced the sugar to 1/2 cup and it's perfect. I omitted the salt. These muffins are so moist. 20 minutes of cooking was perfect. Thanks Recipe Junkie :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game