Recipe by CAMom49
These are not at all dark and dense like carrot cake. They are light and fluffy and probably would be good for you if only one could reduce the butter and sugar content.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed cooked carrot
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- 1: Cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in sugar. Add egg, carrots, vanilla and grated orange peel. Beat well after each addition.
- 2: Sift together dry ingredients and add. Mix well.
- 3: Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 4: Make ORANGE FROSTING with 1 T. softened butter, 1°C powdered sugar, 2 t. grated orange peel, and 2 T. orange juice. Frost cookies when cool.