Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Kids will love these!! From Canadian Living magazine. Some variations are added at the end.
Make and share this Carrot Oatmeal Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats (not instant)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon or 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In separate bowl, whisk together milk, egg, oil and vanilla; pour over dry ingredients. Sprinkle with carrot and walnuts (if using); stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon into 12 paper-lined or greased muffin cups.
- Bake in centre of 375F oven for about 20 minutes or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes. Transfer to racks; let cool completely.
- Apple Raisin Oatmeal Muffins: replace carrot with 1 apple, peeled and grated; replace walnuts with 1/2 cup raisins.
- Tropical Fruit Oatmeal Muffins: replace carrot with 3/4 cup mixed dried tropical fruit (chopped into 1/2 inch pieces if necessary); replace walnuts with 1/4 cup shredded coconut.
I have to say when I was mixing this it smelled so good! When I opened the oven when they were done, it smelled so good! Unfortunately, they smelled better than they tasted. I mean their edible and my daughter liked them. So at least I know I can pawn them off on her in her lunch pale. I added raisins which I am glad I did because they would of had no sweetness to them. I also used apple sauce instead of the oil. Sadly, I wont be making these again.
just made em. substituted low fat sour cream for half of vegetable oil( for me was way too much oil), also used organic sugar, rolled instant spelt+oats, wheat flour. my son said they were okay. next time I will add 3 tbsp. of honey and dried cranberries or frozen blueberries. I didn't use any walnuts. I really like texture. baked same temp for almost half hour. good recipe.
These were great. I made as stated but used 1 cup of wheat flour and 1/2 cup of white flour. Great flavor, I used the ginger instead of cinnamon and the texture in these is great for a lower fat muffin.