Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
lowfat carrot oat cake
Make and share this Carrot Oat Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup uncooked quick oats
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded carrots
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8-inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine oats and milk, mix well and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and mix well.
- Stir in carrots and raisins.
- Combine oat mixture, pineapple (including juice), egg whites, applesauce and vanilla and mix well.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes, remove from pan and then cool completely.
- Combine all cream cheese frosting ingredients and beat together until smooth.
- Frosting should be refrigerated.