Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A freind gave me this recipe and I am not sure where she got it from. Al I know is that when she made it, I said I WANT THAT RECIPE!! So, here it is:
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup honey crunch wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground mace (just a pinch)
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, chilled
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 2⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 12 inch circle in the center of a baking sheet.
- In large bowl mix the first 8 ingredients. Cut the butter into 1/2 inch cubes and sprinkle them on top of the flour mixture. WIth a pastry blender or knife work the flour into the butter until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl combine the yogurt, egg and vanilla. Add the yogurt mixture to the flour mixture. Stir in the carrots, raisins and nuts. The dough at this point will be sticky. Spread the dough in the center of the greasewd baking sheet forming a 81/2 inch circle. With a serrated knife cut the dough into 8 wedges. I have a scone baking tin which a just dived the dough into the already divided wedges. This makes it much easier. Do not forget to grease the scone tin, if using this method.
- Bake for 19 to 21 minutes.