Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
this recipe came from someone on alt.cooking.chat...it has become a favorite.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened orange juice
- 1 cup carrot, finely shredded
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened orange juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- Combine crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar and margarine, press into bottom of 9" springform pan.
- Bake 325 degrees for 10 min.
- Combine 20 ounces cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 cup flour, mixing at med.
- speed on electric mixer until well blended.
- blend in eggs and juice. Add combined remaining flour, carrots, raisins and spices; mix well.
- Pour over crust. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 min.
- Reduce oven temperature to 250 degrees, continue baking for 55 min.
- more. Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim of pan.
- Combine remaining cream cheese and juice, mixing until well blended.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, mixing until well blended.
- Spread over top of cheesecake. Garnish with additional raisins and finely shredded carrots, if desired.