Nancy Van Ess's Note:
this recipe came from someone on alt.cooking.chat...it has become a favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened orange juice
- 1 cup carrot, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened orange juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1Combine crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar and margarine, press into bottom of 9" springform pan.
- 2Bake 325 degrees for 10 min.
- 3Combine 20 ounces cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 cup flour, mixing at med.
- 4speed on electric mixer until well blended.
- 5blend in eggs and juice. Add combined remaining flour, carrots, raisins and spices; mix well.
- 6Pour over crust. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 min.
- 7Reduce oven temperature to 250 degrees, continue baking for 55 min.
- 8more. Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim of pan.
- 10Combine remaining cream cheese and juice, mixing until well blended.
- 11Gradually add powdered sugar, mixing until well blended.
- 12Spread over top of cheesecake. Garnish with additional raisins and finely shredded carrots, if desired.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot 'N Raisin Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 588.5
- Calories from Fat 334
- Total Fat 37.1 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 198.1 mg
- Sodium 409.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 42.2 g
- Protein 10.1 g