Prep 10 mins
Cook 23 mins
These easy muffins are fruity, moist and delicious. If you have any leftovers (doubtful) they freeze well.
- 1 3⁄4 cups Raisin Bran cereal
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped and peeled apple
- 3⁄4 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- Mix first 6 ingredients in lg bowl.
- In small bowl, beat egg, buttermilk and oil.
- Stir into dry ingredients.
- Fold in apple, carrots, and nuts.
- Fill paper lined cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 400* for 23 minutes.
Pretty good. I found that the cooking time had to be shortened somewhat, I would say to about 18 minutes.
These were super easy to throw together. My daughter thought it looked yummy before it was even cooked. I used a lemon juice/milk combo as we don't buy buttermilk and used olive oil, again, we don't buy canola. I skipped on the walnuts to save calories. I will also cut down the sugar next time to 1/2 cup. They were very good! I'm going to see how well they freeze for quick nuked breakfast on the rub. I thought the addition of Raisin Bran was great!
These muffins are yummy! I got about 18. Didn't measure the apple and carrots, just kind of eyeballed it, probably used more like a cup of each - which was definitely too wet, and will be more careful next time. The picky toddlers gobbled them up.