Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Wonderful muffins! Moist and flavorful.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons stevia, blend or 3⁄8 teaspoon stevia powder
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt in a large bowl.Add stevia. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl beat the eggs. Stir in carrots, raisins, and add nuts.
- Gradually fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture until just moistened.
- Spoon batter into paper muffin cups or greased muffin tins. Bake at 375 degree F. for 20-25 minutes or until muffin tops spring back from touch.
These Muffins are amazing! I found this recipe two weeks ago, and I've already made two batches. The base recipe is very sound, and easy to rework and adapt into whatever works best for you. I make mine Gluten Free and Vegan with GF flour instead of wheat, Egg Replacer, and Almond Milk. Yum!
I loved these!!!! I used regular whole wheat flour instead of pastry, coconut oil instead of butter, omitted the raisins and added 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, low fat buttermilk, and added 1/2 cup crushed pineapple. So good! A versatile recipe, make it your own!
We liked these a lot. I did make a few changes due to dietary restrictions and what I had onhand. 1/2 oatbran and regular flour, 2 T each butter and olive oil, left out the nuts, used nut milk. I like to let batter sit for 20-30 minutes before baking, It gives the baking powder a chance to become more active. I read that once in a cookie recipe and my boyfriend remarked on how much the cookies rose. Thanks for the recipe!