I've tried many variations of carrot muffins, and these are by far the best! They aren't too sweet, they have the perfect amount of carrots in them, they stay moist, and they're good for you!!!
- Beat egg lightly in large bowl.
- Add orange juice, margarine, and sugar, beat well.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Stir into egg mixture, mix only till moistened.
- Gently fold in shredded carrots (I shred the carrots in my food processor).
- Spoon into well greased muffin pans about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees.
This recipe is excellent. I did make these changes to suit my tastes:
Sub'd 1C White Flour & 1C Almond Flour
Sub'd Brown Sugar for white
Sub'd Buttermilk for OJ
Sub'd Butter for Marg.
Added vanilla, 3/4 tsp Allspice, <1/2 tsp Ground Clove
Sprinkled Brown Sugar mixed w/ cinnamon on top before baking.
Next time I will cut back on the butter by 1/4 C.
Excellent recipe. I switched butter for the margarine as I refuse to use chemicals in my cooking. Not to mention butter tastes much better! ;) Used fine grate for carrots and the resulting cupcakes were dense and moist. I sprinkled a little sugar on top before baling to give them a crunchy sheen. Everyone loved them. Will definitely make again!
Very moist. Not too sweet. Made as is, but used butter. My son wants me to put chocolate chips in next time.