Recipe by ellie_
Simple no-fuss carrot muffins are adapted from Bon Appetit (August 1981).
Top Review by cuisinebymae
Very good muffins! My toddlers enjoyed them. I got 22 large muffins. Batter was rather heavy, but the muffins were light and fluffy. Easy, and quick to throw together at the last minute.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts, optional
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, optional
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Grease or prepare muffin pans with paper liners.
- Beat sugar and oil in bowl.
- Add eggs to bowl and blend well.
- In seperate bowl, sift dry ingredients (flour- salt).
- Stir dry ingredients into batter, blending well.
- Fold in carrots, nuts and raisins.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until tooth pick tests clean.