Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These muffins are yummy (and fat free). Don't be put off by the fact that they contain baby food! If you are following Weight Watchers, I've calculated 3 points per muffin.
- 414.03 ml unbleached flour
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml oat bran
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml allspice
- 2.46 ml salt (optional)
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 2 (340.19 g) jarpureed carrots (use baby food)
- 118.29 ml egg substitute (equal to 2 eggs)
- 118.29 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, sugar, oat bran, baking soda, allspice, salt, and baking powder) in a medium bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients (carrots, egg substitute, applesauce, raisins, and vanilla) in a large bowl.
- Combine wet and dry mixtures just until flour is moistened.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins, and bake for 30 minutes (or until muffins pass the"toothpick test").
We enjoyed these muffins. They are not super sweet and make a great addition to any meal. We served them with a strawberry chicken salad. I love that they have no oil or butter in them.
It was a nice muffin recipe and I liked the carrot puree baby food idea. I used carrot and potato baby food, as I had some at hand. Thanks for sharing
I like these a lot, and the use of baby food is really creative. I've used baby food in recipes before because it's easy and the flavors are so mild so you can adjust it how you like.