Recipe by tootyflooty
These muffins are yummy (and fat free). Don't be put off by the fact that they contain baby food! If you are following Weight Watchers, I've calculated 3 points per muffin.
Top Review by Chef Doozer
We enjoyed these muffins. They are not super sweet and make a great addition to any meal. We served them with a strawberry chicken salad. I love that they have no oil or butter in them.
- 414.03 ml unbleached flour
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml oat bran
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml allspice
- 2.46 ml salt (optional)
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 2 (340.19 g) jarpureed carrots (use baby food)
- 118.29 ml egg substitute (equal to 2 eggs)
- 118.29 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 4.92 ml vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, sugar, oat bran, baking soda, allspice, salt, and baking powder) in a medium bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients (carrots, egg substitute, applesauce, raisins, and vanilla) in a large bowl.
- Combine wet and dry mixtures just until flour is moistened.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins, and bake for 30 minutes (or until muffins pass the"toothpick test").