Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are a clone of carrot cake but in a muffin style. They are delicious.
- 1 package duncan hines deluxe carrot cake mix
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup Crisco cooking oil or 1⁄3 cup puritan oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease 24 muffin cups or line with paper baking cups.
- Combine dry cake mix, flour, baking powder, and nuts in large bowl.
- Beat milk, eggs, and oil together with fork; add to mixture in bowl and stir only until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling about 1/3 full.
- Bake at 375 for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- For topping, combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Dip tops of muffins in melted butter and then in cinnamon sugar.
These were fun to mix up, since it's so quick. My first batch turned out too small for my liking, so the next batch I filled almost to the top. These muffins do not get crusty but are softer and cakelike. I like the topping the next day because it hardens the top a bit. The flavor is very good and the topping is key! Note: we've been enjoying these the last three days now!
These muffuns are to die for! Absolutely, OUTSTANDING! Thank you, Mel.
My family and I loved these muffins. Very moist and tasted like our favorite carrot cake. The cinnamon sugar topping was a great idea and dried to a slightly crusty texture. Thanks Melanie.