Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great muffin for breakfast or snacks.
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat flour, white
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3⁄4 cup Coca-Cola
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups carrots, finely grated
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, finely grated
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Whisk together egg, sugar, oil, Coke®, and vanilla in a separate bowl. Gently fold wet and dry ingredients together.
- Fold in grated veggies, raisins and nuts until just combined.
- Spoon batter into a muffin tin and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
I used only all purpose flour. I reduced the sugar to 1/2 cup. Since there was no baking powder or baking soda, I decided to add 1 tsp of baking powder. I made a bread with this recipe and it looked great. I baked it 60 minutes. But because of the moisture of the carrots and zucchini, I guess it was not enough. It's not baked completely. We still can eat it but fast. I can taste the coke. It gives a great taste to the bread. Thanks Blue Rose :) I will have to do it again and take a photo. Made for PAC Spring 2012
These muffins are soo moist. I froze them and reheated in the microwave and they came out prefectly (they were great fresh of course). I love all the veggies in them! I did use diet coke, but that didn't seem to matter :) A great breakfast muffin with a little creamcheese. Made for PAC fall 09.
YUMMMMMMMMMM! This was great. The muffins where small which made it nice, you could have more than one and not feel like you had eaten too much.