Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- nonstick cooking spray
- 118.29 ml butter (1 stick)
- 2 eggs
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml milk
- 354.88 ml grated carrots (about 2 carrots)
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon (optional) or 2.46 ml nutmeg (optional)
- 0.25 ml salt
- 236.59 ml chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin tins, or use liners, and set aside. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- 2. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer or a whisk to beat the eggs and sugar, about 2 minutes. Add the milk, melted butter, and carrots and mix well. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon (if desired), and salt over the egg mixture and stir until smooth. Gently fold in the nuts (if desired).
- 3. Spoon about 1/4 cup batter into each muffin cup. Bake on the middle shelf for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
These are by far the best carrot muffins I've ever had. I doubled the recipe and it made 25 muffins. I sprayed my pan with baking spray and every one of them released perfectly. I used both cinnamon and nutmeg because I love both. I used walnut and in half the batter I added raisins. We loved them both ways. I shredded my carrots with my Vitamix so I made 3 packed cups and it was perfect. I can't wait to make them again. My kids (4 and 1) couldn't get enough of them and they contained veggies! I'm going to sub in some whole wheat flour next time just to see if you can even tell. Thanks so much for this recipe - it's a keeper!
These muffins are really wonderful! I opted to use both the cinnamon and the nutmeg, and I also put in the whole cup of walnuts. My carrots were actually a fully packed 1 1/2 cups so I'd go as far as to say I used closer to 2 cups. The texture is great, they're very light and airy. They'd be great to spread a little whipped cream cheese on, as they are too delicate for the regular stuff. Thanks for sharing the recipe mommy! Made for Bargain Basement tag game.